M. Dumchykov, V. Pakhomov, O. Bondarenko
The article deals with the main forensic issues in the fight against cybercrime, as a new threat to modern society. The statistics of cybercrime and the relevance of this problem in Ukraine and other countries of the world are given. The problems of applying the concept of computer crime and the need to amend the legal framework, as well as attracting the help of international organizations, companies and specialists in the field of information technology is examined. It analyzes the rapid increase in cybercrime in modern conditions. The interpretation of concepts related to crimes in cyberspace, both in national and international legislation, is considered. When considering the problem of combating cybercrime, the works of such scientists as L.P. Zverianskaia, M.A. Vinokurova, A.P. Kireenko, S.V. Chuprova.
The main problems that arise in the study of such crimes are identified:
– the lack of an agreed theoretical base, and as a result, legislative regulation suffers;
– lack of specialists in the field of information technology in law enforcement agencies; Криміналістика і судова експертиза. Випуск 65 290 The issues of prevention and combating cybercrime, and the solution of these problems are investigated.
The main measures to combat and minimize existing problems, namely:
– technical and theoretical improvement: the need to justify a single concept of cyberspace in all national legislation, from the point of view of forensics, which will allow a new legislative regulation of this area;
– new approaches based on a wider use of the achievements of scientific and technological progress that will help to successfully identify and investigate such crimes;
– the need to provide law enforcement with highly qualified specialists in the field of information technology;
– attracting international support in the form of international organizations, companies and specialists.
Keywords: cybercrimes, cyberspace, cybercrime, computer crime, Internet network, cybersecurity.