The article deals with the lack of a clear sequence in the actions of the investigator and the ineffective use of scientific and technical means during the pre-trial investigation of cybercrimes, in most cases, does not help to identify the perpetrators and bring it to justice.
Planning plays a significant role in the effective investigation of criminal offenses committed with the use of information technology (cybercrimes).
To determine the essence of planning an investigation, its formation in forensic science was analyzed.
The definition of the concept of “planning cybercrime investigation” is given. In our opinion, crime investigation planning should be understood as a pre-planned action plan of an investigator in a specific criminal proceeding to investigate cybercrimes, which is drawn up both by the investigator (orally or in writing) and with the help of information technology software (programs).
We suggest using an artificial neural network when planning a cybercrime investigation, since the main thing in an artificial neural network is that it is not programmed, but is trained based on examples.
We fully share this point of view and believe that on the basis of successful and unsuccessful plans for investigating criminal offenses committed using information technologies (cybercrime), it is possible to teach an artificial neural network to develop (program) a specific investigation plan in appropriate situations, as well as analyze existing investigation plans to find and eliminate errors.
It is worth noting that this Cybercrime Investigation plan, compiled by an artificial neural network, should be of a recommendatory nature. Any edits, changes, etc., as well as decisions on carrying out certain procedural or tactical actions proposed in the plan by an artificial neural network, should be made exclusively by the investigator.
The use of an artificial neural network when planning a cybercrime investigation will contribute to:
1) the investigator’s ability to effectively and quickly investigate cybercrime;
2) save time in scheduling a cybercrime investigation;
3) providing the most appropriate tactics and methods that should be applied during the pre-trial investigation of cybercrime;
4) a low probability that the investigation will come to a standstill;
5) ensuring the protection of human interests in cyberspace;
6) educing procedural and tactical errors on the part of law enforcement agencies;
7) compliance with the requirements of a reasonable time during criminal proceedings.
4) it is unlikely that the investigation will come to a standstill; 5) ensuring the protection of human interests in cyberspace; 6) reduction of procedural and tactical errors on the part of law enforcement agencies; 7) compliance with the requirements of a reasonable time during criminal proceedings.
Key words: planning of cybercrime investigation, artificial neural network, using artificial neural network