O. Sadchenko, A. Kulchytskyi, O. Stepaniuk
The article emphasizes the importance of developing, on the basis of scientific and legislative terminology, the terminology of explosive expertise and substantiates the relevance of the creation and systematization of terminologies. modern expert terminology in forensic explosive examination with subsequent representation in the DSTU (State National Standard of Ukraine) «Forensic explosives examination. Terms and Definitions».
In the process of forming terminology for explosives expertise, the identified trends are investigated, the main of which is the unconditional restoration of the terminology of the 80-90s of the last century, which does not contribute to the replacement of established terms in forensic explosives.
The second negative trend is the subjectivity and randomness in the selection of terms for the terminological system, as a result of which many necessary and important terms for explosives expertise, as well as other branches of knowledge, do not fall into them.
The proposed terminology creation technique is implemented in each algorithm:
– selection of terms in the DSTU (State National Standard of Ukraine) /glossary should be carried out taking into account the frequency of their use in scientific papers;
– the composition of the DSTU (State National Standard of Ukraine)/glossary should be formed in accordance with the needs of expert, investigative and judicial practice;
– the order of placement of terms should correspond to their convenient and quick finding;
– the method of describing expert terminology must correspond to the type of
(State National Standard of Ukraine) /glossary;
– the terminological apparatus of explosive examination should reflect the innovative processes of development of the theory and practice of forensic
– terms should reveal the essence of the concept and comply with the norms and rules of the modern literary Ukrainian language.
The experience of the terminological work of the Kyiv Scientific Research Institute of Forensic Expertise of the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine on the implementation of terminological work on various types of forensic examinations is highlighted.
As a rule, the authors combined practical work on the conclusion of a terminological standard with a theoretical understanding of the construction of terminological systems. A methodology for unified expert terminology is proposed, in which the main methodological and scientific principles for constructing a terminological standard were determined.
Key words: terminology, dictionary, terminological system, legal terminology, standardized terminology, explosive terminology, explosives examination, forensic explosives, explosive device, explosive material, explosive.